Southwest Credit Systems Collections Complaints.Stop the annoying debt collection calls!
In this day and age, the average American is more likely to be swamped in debt since jobs pay extremely less and people have to rely on loans. However, that can become a pain if you are unable to pay off your debt. Your creditors will hire debt collectors, such as Southwest Credit Systems, to get their money back or the debt collectors may even buy your debt from the creditor.
Are You Being Called By Southwest Credit Systems? Here’s what you need to know
Many people tend to panic when they see calls from debt collection agency. They do not know the right response but they do not want to feel pressured either. Debt collection companies can get extremely rude and threatening if you do not pay off your debt. However, if only consumers knew their rights, they would know that these agencies have no right to engage with consumers in this way.
What is Southwest Credit Systems?
The accounts receivable management company Southwest Credit Systems was established in 1974. The company offers consumer service solutions for improving revenues, increasing efficiencies, customer satisfaction while decreasing operating costs.
Their mission is to offer services depending on performance, value, and integrity. The aim of the company is to grow the organization by carefully choosing the business partners. They offer excellent performance and service. The company uses state-of-the-art technology to create customized campaigns that suit the needs of all the clients.
Services They Offer
There is a broad range of services the company provides. Here are a few of the services.
- Pre-collection solutions
- Guaranteed revenue solutions
- First-party solutions
- Third-party solutions
What Type of Customers They Have
The customers of Southwest Credit Systems range from consumers to small businesses. The company has clients in various industries including:
- Government organizations
- Property management companies
- Education institutions
- Telecommunications companies
- Cable agencies
What Do People say About Their Services?
Although Southwest Credit Systems is a legitimate debt collecting company, there are several complaints against the companies. The representatives of Southwest Credit Systems have harassed many clients. Take a look at a few of complaints made by the customers. Some of the complaints were resolved.
Threatened the Customer
One user stated that the company representative harassed them by revealing their personal information. They violated FDCPA rules by contacting the customer several times a day. The user mentioned that the representative of Southwest Credit Systems contacted them day and night. When the user provided false information, the representative told the real information about them. The customer talked to a supervisor who not only refused to believe their employee divulged but even threatened them. The supervisor ended the call when they threatened to file a lawsuit.
Rude Behavior of the Representatives
According to a customer, a representative of Southwest Credit Systems behaved inappropriately and unprofessionally. After getting voicemail twice, the customer called the company. The representative told them they had 24 hours to submit documentation. When the contacted the company and politely told they didn’t receive any correspondence, the representative didn’t listen and behaved rudely. The consumer asked for a Certified Letter from the representative.
Settled Account Reappearing
One customer stated their 6-year-old account, which was settled, appeared on their credit report. They claim they have already paid the amount owed and closed the account. This account was a scam of Comcast; they didn’t owe any money to Comcast, but still paid to get it off their credit report. The customer reported that they didn’t receive any call, mail, notice or final bill. The client was upset that after so many years, this account randomly appears on their credit report and destroyed their credit score. The company peacefully resolved the case. In case you are harassed by the Southwest Credit Systems, then you can contact us. We are here to protect you and help you fight for your rights from the debt collectors like Southwest Credit Systems.
How to Know if the Debt Collection Agency Calling You is Scam?
When you get a call from Southwest Credit Systems, do not panic and remain very calm. Do not lose your wits as debt collectors very much count on that. To tell whether a debt collector is legitimate, follow these few tricks:
- Instead of the so-called debt collector asking you questions, make sure you start asking them questions as well. Ask for more information, which company they belong to, what their company name and logo is, etc. Make sure not to confirm any information like your bank account number or where you live. Ask them what the debt is about and which company has issued it and what the basis for the debt is. If they cannot provide you with any reasons or do not provide you with their company name or number, that should set off some red flags.
- As soon as you receive your first call from the Southwest Credit Systems, you should receive a written confirmation of the debt from them. The letter should include the debt collection agency name, it should have a few of your rights listed, a mailing address, etc.
- Do your research. There are times when the debt collecting agency may be legitimate but not your debt. They tend to make mistakes. Search on Google for the company and verify whether it is an actual debt collection agency. Check your state attorney general’s office to check whether this agency is verified and is licensed. You may also find the number of complaints filed against this debt collection agency. Moreover, once you know that the debt collecting agency is legitimate, contact them, because sometimes some people may pretend to be working with the collection agency.
- Check your credit report. You will get a quick view of the debts you owe, to whom you owe, how much you owe and the like. If someone calls you out of the blue to tell you that you have some unpaid debt and it is not mentioned on the credit report, chances are that it is a scam.
- Check the statute of limitations. If it has expired, the Southwest Credit Systems cannot ask you to pay stale debt. Do not reaffirm anything verbally which may lead you to restart the stale debt.
Understand Your Debt Collection Rights and Fight Southwest Credit Systems
When Southwest Credit Systems comes knocking at your door, the first thing to do is to search for your rights in the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act 1977. This statute was specifically enacted to protect consumers from illegal actions taken by debt collection agencies such as harassment, threatening to sue, threatening family members, coming to your home in disguise, etc. The key provisions of the FDCPA 1977 are:
- Protection against harassment: abusive phone calls, excessive phone calls, threats, violence.
- You have the right to sue either the whole debt collecting company or just the individual
- You can ask for proof of debt
- You can ban debt collectors from calling you at inconvenient times or at work. You can even ban them altogether.
- They CANNOT blab about your debt to other people. The debt should remain between you and the debt collection agency.
When Southwest Credit Systems contacts a consumer for the first time, they have to give them a ‘mini-Miranda’ which is basically a full disclosure. In the ‘mini-Miranda’ the consumer must be told of their right to dispute the debt, the name of the company, the amount and the right of the consumer to ask for verification of the debt. They have to send you all of this information in writing 5 days after the call.
If a consumer decides to dispute the debt, they have to make sure to send a letter in writing to the Southwest Credit Systems collection agency. The letter must be sent within 30 days of the call. Till then the calls and messages from the collectors must halt. Once your debt is verified, the company will continue the collection of the amount. If not, they must cease to collect the amount.
If the company badgers you with constant calls at inconvenient times or at work, you can send them a cease communication letter. They cannot contact you during the specified time you mention, can only contact through letters or you can ask them to stop contacting at all. If they have to contact, it will only be to tell you whether the debt has been finished or whether the creditor is filing a law suit against the consumer.
If Southwest Credit Systems uses abusive or threatening language or harm the consumer in any way, it is illegal under federal law. They cannot call you to abuse you, use profane or offensive language, threaten you or your property or your family. They are not allowed to call the consumer or their family from different numbers, silent phone calls or anything of the like is also illegal.
If anyone from debt collection agency shows up to your home in the uniform of a police officer or claim to be an attorney of the creditor, that is completely illegal. Moreover any kinds of threats to seize the consumer’s property or other assets or have them thrown to jail is also illegal.
Avoid sending personal checks. This may give debt collectors your routing number and account number, allowing them to take out money as they please.Harris & Harris Review
It is important to know your rights.
The reason why debt collectors are hired is because they are persuasive, almost to the point where it starts counting as harassment and threatening. Since many people do not know of their rights against debt collecting agencies, they feel pressured to pay off the debt and become broke or depressed.
Something which you need to know is that it is in the debt collector’s best interests that they pressure you enough to crack you and get you to pay money. This is because your creditor who hires them pays them on commission basis. The earlier they get the money out of you, the higher the commission they get. If you do not pay your debt, your creditor may fire them. Which is why at times debt collectors may even accept a small amount just so they can get their commission quickly.